
This week I've practiced my cooking skills. I had a lot of fun with this really. Each day I went online searching for something delicious to make for dinner... of course this lack of planning led to a daily trip to the grocery store, but what does that matter especially when there is a redbox! I began the week being more ambitious and then I ended by creating my own renditions of recipes due to not wanting to go to the store AGAIN for random ingredients.. :)
I learned a few things from this. First off, not all recipes are delicious. Secondly, if you don't like one of the ingredients, substitute it if you can or make something else.. don't add it anyways. And thirdly, use garlic.
The first night I made steak fajitas.. the recipe sounded amazing. I marinated the steak in lime juice, garlic, cumin (which I don't particularly like but did anyways), olive oil, and diced jalapeƱo peppers. Next I made beef strogonoff. Very good. Onions, mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup, beef, sour cream (I forgot this ingredient but added garlic.. unfortunately that doesn't even things out). Then I created garlic rosemary chicken and was quite proud of it.
And tonight I'm fresh out of ideas despite it only being my forth night.. I suppose I shall surf my gigantic internet cookbook to discover my next cooking adventure.
1 comment:
mmmm. sounds yummy! You'll have to show us your cooking skills this summah!
Post a Comment