President's Day was celebrated by adventuring on San Gorgonio, more affectionately called San G- the tallest mountain in Southern CA at 11, 503 ft. This was such an exciting thing. We didn't get close to summiting, but I want to go back without snow to do it.
We've just had rain and so the whole area was covered in snow. We parked at Vivian Creek and meandered our way with snow shoes over a creek and up a ridge. We got into the wilderness permit area which I found thrilling (!!). After lunch, we hiked back down and then went over to a waterfall. It was a fun day. Here are some pics of us and then scenic pictures. Look how gorgeous it is. I said "How beautiful!" too many times and those words weren't enough to describe it. God has created an awesome world!!
3 comments:
I'm jealous!! Way to go Angela! I'm proud of your exploits and adventures. Looks like you'll have to wait quite a while before you'll be able to get up without tramping through snow.
p.s.-that was written by jason. you have SO many beautiful photos, maybe you should make an artsy nature collage with all of them. I think you have a good "eye"
Way to go cuz! You're so adventurous, so cool!
Post a Comment