A group of people from my home church and I went on a 10 day trip to Israel which was just so wonderful! I had always said that if I were to only travel to one place, it would be Israel in order to see the holy land and gain a better understanding of Biblical events and history. But truthfully I didn't know when or if I would actually go. So this was pretty plain amazing.
We started out in Jerusalem area for 4 days, then went over to the Dead Sea, Masada, and Qumran for a day, and then up to the Sea of Galilee for 3 days.
Here's a fun fact about Israel- it's about the size of New Jersey. I knew it was small but I was still amazed at HOW small. Lots of key events occurred close together. I was able to get a feel for the geography, terrain, and such.. and learn about the conflict there.
So here are a few pictures to get your feet wet with Israel and I shall post more later.
** as you can tell, I am mightily confused on how to add pictures and make them orderly.. as randomly placed as they are I'll cue you in on what they are.
1. temple wall in Jerusalem
2. View from on top of Masada. In the distance you can see the Dead Sea
3. camel and I overlooking the city of Jerusalem
4. city of Nazareth and the mount where people from the synagogue brought Jesus in order to throw him down, but Jesus snuck away
5. the Shepard's field in Bethlehem
6. baptizing in the Jordan river





No comments:
Post a Comment