After lunch at work, I was walking around outside and the wind blew my hair in my eyes. I reached up to brush my hair away and poked my eye with my keys I was holding in my hand. Dumb moment... no one saw. And so the day went on. Later I decided to have the school nurse take a peek at my eye that had a big swollen bump on it. She was at a school next door and came over and pronounced that it was serious enough that I needed to leave work and go to the doctor. Oh no... I wasn't really sure even who my eye doctor was since changing insurance! Sonia in the office and laughed as I preceded to call the district office and tell the tale. Turns out that it was enough for a work comp issue. We filled out paperwork noting the accident was 'pushed back hair with key in hand and accidently scratched eye with key'. Goodness. I went to the doctor, had my eyes examined, had yellow dye put in my eye to enhance the scratch, and boom- there it was. My diagnosis: corneal abrasion, eye swelling, eye inflammation. With instructions to use a cool or warm compress. 'patient is warned' -of what? and a recheck for tomorrow.
And there we have it, "Anything can happen". Oh yay wind!
2 comments:
That is definitely one for the record book. I think I will be watching the Holiday over the weekend in memory of you. I love that you had to fill out paperwork with the description on it hahaha does that go in your permanent file? Can you see ok out of your eye or has the swelling and scratch impaired your vision?
"It's not a library I can go louder!"
Cousin, that is seriously hilarious!
Post a Comment