Thursday, March 6, 2008
the kindness of a stranger
So this morning I had my day all planned out. Stop at the gas station, drop off papers at work, run to Wallymart, study at Starbucks for a test, go to classes. That was that. I happily filled up my car, turned it on to ride away and, burrrr sput sput.. my car barely turned on.. oh no... I don't know much about cars but I knew I had a problem.. Pierre was fine two minutes before.. so I coasted around the parking lot and then died awkwardly in the back portion of the gas station. All this background to say that while I'm thinking how this will affect my schedule, my day... out comes a man from the gas station. He helped me push the car out of the way and then proceeded to push on my battery, reeve the engine, poke some other parts and bang -the car was fine. After I thanked him and drove away I couldn't help but think -wow!, that was so nice of him. He didn't have to help me by any means yet he went out of his way. And I really appreciated it! Really! Wow, 'pay it forward' as my dad says!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment