The other night I went to Stater Brothers to find some mystifying mulling spices. If I hadn't seen them before in my mom's kitchen and in gift shops, I would have assumed they were fictitious. By the time I went to a real grocery store, I had already looked two other places.
So I walked in to the store, asked two employees where mulling spices were located, and they didn't know, let alone had they ever heard of such a thing. I explained what it was and was instructed to go to isle 13. I went there and all the sudden I was surrounded by a heard of employees -the two employees I already talked to, plus two more. Four young guys who didn't know what in the world I was looking for. They helped me search the entire isle, and when not found, took me to another one to look there. After this, they left for a bit and I called my mom in hopes of getting to the bottom of this mulling spice issue. I was chatting on the phone, and the guys appeared again.. just 'mulling' around. I hang up and one guy decides he is going to find the item. He leads me all over the store -through the mac and cheese isle, the soups, candy, ...all in the hunt -if the spices were in those isles.. THAT would have been surprising. Yet still- no mulling spices. One guy appears with individual apple cider packets, which was nice, but not what I was looking for. Anyways, this continued for some time until I gave up and bought cinnamon sticks and cloves -going the old fashion route.
All I can say is that never in my life have I seen employees insistently help costumers (even when I was checking out, one guy was still looking for it). Oh man, the whole situation made me laugh and laugh. It was like having personal assistants. It was the end to a LONG day that made me laugh!
1 comment:
Umm...Angela...just going out a limb here, but I have a feeling that if I would have asked those 2 young men to help me look for mulling spices with 2 young kids in-tow and a wedding band on, I might not have gotten the same assistance. :-) I think they were doing more than their job because it was YOU that was asking for help. You are just too darn cute! :-)
Post a Comment