AUTUMN PIE REVIEW sponsored by Lunds
1st Place Angela Oulmette and Mandy Floch of Arroyo Grande for their 'Arroyo
Grande Ollalleberry Harvest Pie'
2nd Place Erin Sommer of Arroyo Grande for her Fall Berry Crisp
Ok, I will now explain this. Rewind about 1.73 years ago. It was the Fall season and Mandy and I went on a spontaneous trip to Arroyo Grande to celebrate our favorite season. We heard rumors of a baking contest and so we woke up early the day of, adorned old-fashioned aprons, and made a pie out of a pre-made crust, frozen berries, and the help of my mom (shhhhhhhh -all this is top-secret info for our successful pie). Anyhow, we WON! Granted there were only 2 pies in our category, but yay! We thought this was funny, but we completely relished our giftcard prize and our recipe entry in the 2008 Arroyo Grande Harvest Festival Cookbook. I'm already reeving up for the 2009 Festival!


No comments:
Post a Comment