Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What are you doing America?!


Question:
How big is TOO big? When does something cross the line from appropriate to outrageous? When does one stand up for traditional values?

This is what I asked last night after Mandy and I went to Burger King. We both ordered the Whopper meal (for a steller $3.99!). I had the 'original' meal size which included a small size beverage (24 oz -not especially small) and Mandy upgraded her meal to a medium size (because she saw my meal and assumed it WAS the medium) which then blasted her drink up to a whooping 32 ounces (or who knows.... it could have been bigger..). Are you aware of how large a 32 ounce beverage is? It's a QUART! That's a LOT of soda, even coming from me who loves soda. And of course when you go to fast food, you HAVE to refill the beverage before leaving, thus Mandy consumed 2 quarts of soda! We are out of control with our portion sizes....

No comments: