Monday, November 29, 2010

spilling

I've been really struggling with things at work lately.. and wavering between feeling confident about how to approach things and then going back and doubting my decision. So many sides to the situation and none that will please people, and I almost think that there is no right answer. It'll really drive me crazy, and then the next day I'll remember that situations that seem so very crucial and monumental in the moment, really are not, and that we have a God who knows all and works in all things and is eternal and is all that matters in the end. My situation is not the end-all thing. Oh, but how it seems like it in the moment. So in the midst of it, wisdom and pleasing God is what I want. I've been slowly reading through Knowledge of the Holy with my aunt, and tonight I'm getting some encouragement reading through what I wrote and learned through some of the book.

Ch. 11 about God's wisdom: We are so 'other' than God; we can't compete with him whatsoever; we can't earn our way or work independently from him, so we ought to surrender and be filled with incredible thankfulness that He is the only one that is wise, He knows the end from the beginning, His plan is perfect for His glory, and He allows us to be part of it. Period. Here's a quote from Tozer: What I am is all that need matter to you, for there lie your hope and your peace. I will do what I will do, and it will all come to light at last, but how I do it is My secret. Trust Me, and be not afraid.

No comments: