Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Another contest...

Alright! The National Parks contest was pretty dang awesome and so here is another contest. I've learned some fascinating words in my Dysphagia class and I now challenge you to figure them out. Below is a list of words for you to match to the list of definitions. The catch: no internet or dictionary cheating... all else is fair game though. The first person to email/comment with them correct wins an awesome prize -> better than the lame-o one I gave last time. On your mark, get set, GO!

LIST OF FANCY WORDS
1. ischemia
2. stenosis
3. focal damage
4. dysphagia
5. occlusion
6. HTN
7. contusion
8. encephalopathy
9. hypoxia
10. edema

LIST OF CRAZY DEFINITIONS
a. shortage of oxygen
b. swallowing impairment
c. to narrow
d. swelling
e. hypertension
f. deprivation of blood supply causing tissue to die
g. the damage of tissue
h. complete narrowing; closure
i. disease of the brain
j. occurs in a localized region

No comments: