This verse has continually surrounded me this week. It entered my head somehow, and it has been a great promise and truth to me. I think about it throughout the day and each day I enter into a bit more joy. It's been really cool, truly. I've been thinking about the ways in which God is good... first- throughout the history of the Bible in recounting the ways he was faithful to Israel.. amazing stuff there, second- reading the promises God holds for us in the Bible, third- looking through my prayer journal and seeing how he has responded and directed my prayers for others, forth- seeing how he has been loving and good to me, and then experiencing his goodness in daily life too.
Yesterday evening I went on an awesome power walk (whoot whoot) and was thinking about the June gloom weather we've been having and how I haven't seen blue skies in almost 2 weeks. Then as I kept going, some clouds broke, a stream of light shone through, and it was gorgeous! It was an amazing joy and promise. I just smiled up and praised God for his goodness during rough times. God truly gives good to those who love and seek him.
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you
No comments:
Post a Comment