Monday, June 1, 2009

We did it!

May 31st, made it to the top of Mount Baldy!! This has been something I've wanted to do for years!! Ben and I had a lot of fun on the hike.. and he was amazing in forging the way! It even involved some scenic chairlift rides, me dropping my sunglasses on the ride up, Ben later retrieving them :), wildlife (lizards), a Devil's backbone, uphillness, seeing the Bowl, and much, much more!
We started hiking at 7,800 ft, and got to the top at 10,064 ft -possibly the highest up I've ever been, minus riding in an airplane..
All in all, it was such a wonderful day!!!

Ben and I tend to find watertowers where ever we go :)


On our way up.. about to conquer the Devil's backbone part of the trail
<

The bowl is oh-so steep!!


Ahhhh- we're almost there. I see the top!


We did it!


2 comments: