Spontaneously, I visited up north this weekend to see my Papa who was visiting at the Ouimette household. I arrived late Friday night/early Saturday morning, and I must say that I had never been this tired driving before... now i can see how it's possible to fall asleep at the wheel (although I was not close to doing so mind you). I blasted music and opened the window.. but I didn't regain my alertness until I heard (from my ipod placed on shuffle) Go Fish singing acapella -man, acapella groups get me!
Saturday we had a nice breakfast, went on a walk, had lunch out, talked, and during the evening, Papa taught us how to play Cribbage. I had never known how to play but always was a little curious. Papa was a very patient and helpful teacher to his 'slow' students, and I know that I'm going to remember that night for a long time. Papa has a fun sense of humor as well as some sets of skills... Later that night pops and I watched 'My Life in Ruins' which was too funny, solely because it is a movie about a woman who leads tour groups through Greece, and there are stereotypes galore regarding the tourists. Oh- and how true the stereotypes are...we hated to admit that we just might, maybe, kinda really, may have been once the 'loud Americans who think they are funny and want everyone to admire their humor too' on an oversea tour. Gosh!
Sunday we went to church and then got to spend time with mamma mia and celebrate her birthday some before heading back home in the rain. As I was driving back, I was contemplating family and came to the conclusion that I have much, MUCH to be thankful for. Strong, selfless, kind-leading, God loving parents and grandparents, and seeing them was great. They all make me feel incredibly loved. Thank you for the visit! And lastly, I am about to rekindle interest in Little House on the Prairie. I borrowed these books to bring back and meander through. I'm excited to relive some of my childhood as I do so. And tomorrow's rainy day may be the perfect time to do so.
*my lack of photos in regards to people is merely due to me losing my camera... not a lack of interest in taking them. hehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment