Last night three friends and I embarked on a fun outing... involving umbrellas, chimney sweeps, and resting eyes (hhmm, Sylv and I).... MARY POPPINS at the Ahmanson theater!
Seriously, I had a blast. We started out at Chili's with the two for $20. Such a great deal might I add. I loved it and have decided to eat there for the next week. In honor of Mandy, Sylvan and I turned our cheesecake into a sailboat just for her. After becoming pleasantly/over-pleasantly full, we heading toward the city. We all became very excited when we realized the actual location of the Ahmanson theater... none of us had been there before and we were set for some exploration. After parking approximately .3 miles underground and climbing to the surface via a workmen elevator... we were giddy to check out little gardens and under street walkways/subways. We made it to the theater, took rad pictures by the fountain, obtained a history lesson about the area by a security guard, and made our way in. Another photo session went down once inside, and then we took our seats in anticipation. I felt like I was going to fall onto the stage though due to the steep elevation of our balcony seats.. good thing there wasn't an earthquake to push us off... whew! The show was a lot of fun. Good costumes, great inventive sets that moved all over.. it was great. Sylvan ended up resting his eyes quite a bit though... and I did towards the end too.. shocker.. One of my favorite parts though was when Bert walked on the walls and ceiling during the chimney sweep song. Quite tallented! After the show, I attempted to show everyone the garden at the Disney Concert Hall, but it was locked, thus, the evening was concluding quickly... Anyhow, we had a wonderful time!

2 comments:
You look uh- dor- able!! What a fun time!! Where is this theater? Love you!
it's right by the Disney concert hall. It's an older looking building...
Post a Comment