Monday, January 18, 2010

rain, rain

Due to the rain storm and flood warnings in La Habra, the manager at our apartment complex did some compensatory work. Usually sandbags are used to prevent water from entering a specific area, but in this case, the sandbags created a bridge over our moat so that we and our neighbors could get to the staircase. This is genius and I saw other sandbags and planks of wood around the complex yesterday so people could get around more easily. Good thinking La Habra.
Also, last night, we celebrated the third week of the TV show Chuck. Friends came over to watch it, and we had a blast. So fun!!!! Good thing the sandbags were in place!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I LOVE Chuck parties!!! And I am quite thankful for our little sandbag bridge, I have a feeling we will be needing it tonight.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I wish i had those sand bags to help me cross over to my garage!