This past weekend I drove up to my parent's for my dad's birthday. On the way up, I decided to partake in an adventure. I got off at an exit, followed a sign, and then was lost in the beauty and grandeur of everything. Where was I? Santa Barbara! I've only explored downtown and the beach area of Santa Barbara and thought that was all it was... but when I discovered the hill area of Santa Barbara, I couldn't believe it. It was gorgeous, lots of eucalyptus and pine trees, hiking trails, vista points of the ocean below, and huge mansions. My goal was to explore Westmont College, but in usual fashion, I got a bit lost.. but in the meantime, I found some great things. I ended up calling my dad and he directed me the correct way. All was well. It was neat to realize though that my conception of the city before this was only based on a small section of it. I think this is kinda like how I view heaven. I only know a little about it right now, but later, I'll find that it is SO much more- fulfilling, beautiful, unimaginable... AWESOME


No comments:
Post a Comment