Sunday, August 2, 2009

oh, the tea



I like to make sun tea, especially in the summer... it reminds me of visits to Palm Desert, visiting dear grandma and grandpa. My grandma would put tea bags in a jar of water, leave it out in the hot sun for a longtime to get real concentrated, then add cold water later to complete the delicious sun/iced tea! I've been carrying on the tradition here at my apartment, only there's one problem - I don't get direct sunlight... hmm. I've been managing yet though -I've put the pitcher on the stairway and in a corner by the railing by my neighbors. The other day, since it was late in the day, the only area of light was in the planters nearish my apartment. I decided to go for it and leave the 'yet to be tea' in the plants. I soon forgot about it.. shocker... until the next morning. On my way out, I noticed a pitcher of tea with condensation.. chilled just right... but I decided to forgo drinking it... the bugs had free reign. OOPS! From now on, I'll be patient and wait until the location to make tea is more conducive ... and I'll be more considerate of my neighbors :)

No comments: