Sunday, August 9, 2009

Saturday adventure...



I went in hunt of going on a new hike/walk... but was sketched out due to the deserted location of it... thus -I explored a new neighborhood where I quickly found a garage sale at closing time ...yippie! Isn't it fun to find stuff like that? A surprise hunt! Get this -a box full of items for $1!!! Anyhow- I found some lovely tall white vases and other white china items... like super cute cream and sugar sets, shallow leaf-shaped bowls for the Fall (!), and some other things... but the kicker was throwing some mystery CDs in the box. In the recent past, when I've gone out on a limb and tried new things,they haven't all been good. For example, last week I bought some meatless chicken strips.. NASTY (what was I thinking???? 'chicken' made from veggies?? I think not), But...I gave this a 'go' regardless of my past trials. The name of the musical artist I picked up (drum roll please) -Mark Knopfller! He's a mix of folk and rock music. He completely reminded me of music you hear at town Farmer's Markets and Festivals. I put one of his CDs in my car, blasted it with windows down, and began laughing and laughing... oh-so-funny. Check him out HERE, and we can be pals... I'll be honest and confess that I judged the CD by the cover and thus far am not completely sure I like it... but I'll still give it a whirl.. Will you be joining me?

No comments: