Monday, August 24, 2009

back to school

this must be good if there are 2 blogs in one day..

I was running errands this afternoon, going to Walmart, the bank, the post office, Fresh and Easy.. and I kept smiling and reminiscing while doing it. Do you know what I saw? Why this happened? Biola students everywhere. I saw their car parking stickers and numerous groups of guys walking through Walmart juggling deodorant, shampoo, and toothpaste in their hands, while the girls were in pairs with lists buying much more than the guys, and all using shopping carts. I watched them catch up and chat with each other and it made me very thankful. I was thankful for my time at Biola and the good, good memories I have there. I rarely reminisce high school, junior high, elementary school... not that they weren't good, but different. Not outstanding to me, I guess. But I am grateful that I LOVE to reminisce college, and when I do, it's full of sweetness -that's a good thing! I'm thankful for my professors, friends, dorms, RAs, RDs, the campus, the health center lollypops, the atmosphere, activities, and ministries there.

So, this morning I was stressing over all that this next semester entails and all the boxes needing checked off ...feeling overwhelmed.. but after having this reminiscing moment, I stopped thinking about all the 'doing' and decided to enjoy now and the time this next semester. Yes, there is much to do, but I needn't dwell on the 'stress'. Just as I have wonderful college memories from about 3 years post, I want to savor this next bit of time too so that when I look back at it, it is joyful. Thanks Biola students!!

No comments: