First things first:
I discovered that for this particular week, Monday-Friday I worked 8 hours, drove about 1-1.5 hours, played on the computer for about 1 hour (email, blogs, fun stuff), was at CSUF about 3-4 hours, and did work from home or homework about 1-2 hours, and hung out with friends for 1-2 hour on somedays. BUT, this was a more busy week than usual. So don't think too hard and long over this as though this is what I do always... it's not. Then on Saturday and Sunday I spent about 6-7 hours with friends doing different activities -shopping, eating, talking, going to church and about 2-3 hours doing homework/work stuff. The rest of the time was spent doing chores, grocery shopping/errands, small projects, reading for fun, teaching the 2 yr olds at church Sunday morning, etc.
So here is what I got out of this exercise at least for now- regardless of my activity level, I NEED to make time for Jesus. I found that I had a lot of wasted time in the car -which is a perfect place for prayer. So that was my big insight, using time such as that for prayer and thinking about Him more. Asking him to use me that day, to see him in the daily tasks, etc.
I'll try to think about it more as the mandatory tasks I do currently flee and more time becomes my possession. But at least for now, this was a good thing for me to realize and see.
1 comment:
I disagree! The one to two hours of friend time is a vast exaggeration in my opinion. It is not considered hanging out when you are sitting in the same room - one person doing homework and the other reading.....or snoring while watching TV on their computer.....nor does it count hours of talking while attempting to sleep. What are your hours of friend hangout time that take place outside of the Penthouse?
Post a Comment