For Thanksgiving I went to Wisconsin with family and there is something about the midwest that really appeals to me. When we landed and were driving through Milwaukee -I couldn't stop talking about how beautiful it was. I'm not sure if other people think it is or not, but I do. I like the old buildings, crisp fall air, how things seem to flow a bit slower... oh, but then there is the weather factor. I enjoyed the weather for three days, but by the forth I got cold.... and their cold weather goes on for months. Can't imagine that. It was so nice being there with family though... For our actual thanksgiving meal, we went to a German tavern-like restaurant that was SO interesting. Erik called it Gaston's tavern. It looked small from the front but was huge inside and just kept going. In Ouimette fashion, we took the liberty of exploring the upstairs, basement, etc. It had funky rooms with different themes, small passages and such. Loved it. We also helped Erik and Laura move into their new house and explored the area. It was lovely- thank you guys for having us in the midst of madness. Can't wait to visit again in the summer, yeah?
Oh, and our family has a tradition of going around the table saying what we are thankful for. We broke our tradition this year -but I am pretty sure I know some answers -we talked about it at other times a bit, and it was pretty apparent too, being all together- we're thankful for family!


1 comment:
Thanks for the photos! I am eager to hear more about your trip. XXX
Post a Comment