My dear Grandma Rinehart died Tuesday evening, and I will forever remember her as thoughtful, sincere, and kind. I'll also remember how she loved her children, grandchildren, America, and natural beauty. She was a wonderful woman. I remember being young and visiting her and seeing how she cared for others. She would carefully observe our favorite foods and then provide those. She would care for her neighbor needing help, and want so badly for our nation to do right. But also, she was fun and goofy. Last February during a visit, we were telling old stories and somehow this facial expression came out of her and was the hit of the night. 
I remember her making sun tea outside in a jar in Palm Desert, I remember her spraying Pam in the ice cube trays so they'd remove more easily. I remember shopping for dresses with her, walking around the fancy hotel in Palm Desert, going to Sizzler, eating hard candy from the round candy jar, Betty Kay bakery items, her statement of, "isn't that a shame?", the penny on the bathroom floor heater.. I remember her showing me Country magazine as a child, her singing and softly spoken prayers, her love of something sweet to eat after a meal, her exhale and stating , "oh, beautiful" when observing flowers and other beauties, her smile, her pantyhose, shoes, and clip-on earrings...
I remember her social kindness. How she spoke well of others, made new friends and showed them love. How she would get mad at herself for sleeping too much in her old age because she wanted to read books and call people instead... but mostly, I'm thankful that she followed God and guided us in that too. She is now with her heavenly father in a place of awesome glory. She experiences true life now. How sweet that is. I love you Grandma.


2 comments:
Those are great memories!!! Well expressed. . . we all will miss her so much. Your pictures are priceless.
Sweet, Ang. What a blessing to have had her in your life!
Post a Comment