Sunday, March 14, 2010

PAC 10 CHAMPIONSHIP

I do admit to only hearing about this for the first time on Friday.. but oh-well -that is old news now. I've quickly transformed into a slightly seasoned fan of March Madness... Mandy got tickets from her work for the PAC 10 Cal vs. UW game at the Staples Center on Saturday, and she so kindly invited me to go with her. I didn't/don't know all that much about this basketball business, but I happily went along for the fun experience of it all. And it was! I've always wanted to go to the Staples Center and I've never been to a professional/college level game that is considered a big deal before.
On the way there, Mandy and I made a wager about which team would be victorious.. Mandy picked her home state of WA and I picked Cal, betting a Shamrock shake over it. My team had some good moves (my favorite was "yellow shoes" dunking the ball after #3 threw it up towards him....spectacular move) and the game was really close, but Mandy won in the end. All in all it was enjoyable. I only wish though that I had been able to give my ticket to a TRUE fan such as Erik Ouimette :)









2 comments:

Mandy said...

Such great art work they have in the VIP section!!!

The Paine Family said...

So cool!! I am still awaiting your Franklin Covey blog (such a nerd I know)