Thursday, July 23, 2009

Connections



Wow! I was perusing my cousins Nicole and Chris' blog which plays music (pretty magical!) and a song came on that was new to me with lyrics that really resonated with me. It begins with a man reflecting on his life and feeling despair due to his mistakes and bondage, then it transitions into a chorus that talks about the power of God and wondering how our lives would be different if we were to let Jesus truly live through us. Ok- (this makes me excited) the reason why this song made my heart swell is because I've been thinking about this very thing for the past week or so. It began while I was having a conversation with my sister Christine a week ago. She said something along the lines of, Christ died for our sin and had victory over it, thus we gain freedom from the bondage of sin and do not need to dwell in it. Therefore, we needn't beat ourselves up and feel horrible that we are finite, mess-er-upers, just repent, strive towards Christ, and be done with it. We already have victory over the sin. It was a simple truth that I guess I knew, but hadn't really thought about enough. I just said 'huh. yeah!' We shouldn't live defeated lives, but ones of power through Christ. Anyhow, since then, I've had the same conversation with two other friends... as Christians, we have freedom! Also, one other thing that tied into this really neatly was recently learning more about how Christ is the lion and the lamb. He has full, complete power, and yet comes to us humbly, meekly, and lovingly. He has ferocious strength AND servant-like provision (just as a lamb provides it's wool from our clothing) What a conjunction! (FYI, I got that from John Piper, I didn't think of it). This song displays his power and also his gentle heart for us. Wow!

So here are some of the lyrics to the song, 'What Life Would Be LIke', by Big Daddy Weave:

I feel like less than I was meant to be
And what if I could fix myself
Maybe then I could get free
I could try to be somebody else
Whose much better off than me
But I need to remember this
That it's when I'm at my weakest
I can clearly see

He made the lame walk
And the dumb talk
He opened blinded eyes to see
That the sun rises on His time
Yet He knows our deepest desperate need
And the world waits
While His heart aches
To realize the dream
I wonder what life would be like
If we let Jesus live through you and me
What if you could see yourself
Through another pair of eyes
What if you could hear the truth
Instead of old familiar lies
And what if you could feel inside
The power of the hand that made the universe
You realize

He made the lame walk
And the dumb talk
He opened blinded eyes to see
That the sun rises on His time
Yet He knows our deepest desperate need
And the world waits
While this heart aches
To realize the dream
I wonder what life would be like
If we let Jesus live through you and me

All our hearts they burn within us
All our lives we've longed for more
So let us lay our lives before the one
Who gave His life for us

And here is the music video:

1 comment:

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

OH YAY! This makes me really happy, hallelujah for Jesus and happy moments. :)