I just got these recipes today (from my supervisor at my internship-she's the best!) and I'm excited to try them out. See if any of these strike your fancy.
Prepare yourself -you may want a spatula in hand...
#1: BASIL/PESTO SAUCE
3 cloves garlic
2 cups fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons pine nuts
1 dash salt and pepper
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
Blend all in a food processor or blended
#2: EL POLLO LOCO CREAMY CILANTRO DRESSING
3 fresh tomatillos cut into quarters
1 oz package buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
1 cup mayo
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 cup fresh cilantro
2 crushed garlic cloves
1/4 teaspoon crushed cayenne pepper
Combine all in blender and refrigerate for an hour. For thicker dressing reduce mayo to 1/2 cup and add 1/2 sour cream. Also, substitute 1/3 cup prepared buttermilk dressing vs. seasoning packet and buttermilk if preferred. Add more for flavor if needed.
#3: BOSTON MARKET CREAMED SPINACH
3 tablespoons margarine or butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 medium onion finely chopped
2 clove garlic minced
1-2 tablespoons butter
2 packages frozen chopped spinach, thaw
dash of salt and pepper
Combine flour and butter in saucepan, heat and stir. Add milk and cheese while stirring constantly so it doesn't burn. In another pot, saute onion and garlic in butter. Add spinach. Cook for 10 minutes or until spinach is hot and onion is translucent. Add white sauce and mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper.
*the first four ingredients plus garlic and salt & pepper makes a great alfredo sauce. Look- 2 recipes in one!
Let me know if you're going to try out one of these recipes. I'm really excited about the pesto sauce and the cilantro dressing!!
1 comment:
Hmmm....I think I might try...ALL OF THEM! We've been really craving Western Food here, and these look like something that I'd be really excited to try! YAY!
Post a Comment