Friday, July 24, 2009

Still cookin', good lookin's



Alrighty! Ang is back in the kitchen!
This time, the new item was zucchini brought by my mom from her garden. She also brought cucumbers and I am convinced that homegrown cucumbers are 500% sweeter and better than the ones from grocery stores. hhmmm! Thank you Mom! Back to the zucchini, I wanted to cook it somehow, but I don't own a steamer and I don't particularly like it stir-fried... therefore I went to the source once again -my mom. She told me that I could bake it. Hmm, I had never heard this before, and I became curious. So all I did was cut it up, spritz it with olive oil and garlic salt, lay it all on a cookie sheet, and bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes. So easy! I liked it. Next time I think I'll slice it lengthwise and lightly, lightly spritz it with olive oil, ha ha. Mandy, Mel, and I enjoyed it with a yummy garden salad, pasta, and garlic bread! A good meal! I give this one a 3 out of 5 -not quite as good as the chicken I made earlier.. but still a fun way to cook veggies that I'll definitely use again.

No comments: